During the Coronavirus crisis sanity authorities have recommended not only to disinfect our home but also our clothes. Once we get back home from the office, school, supermarket, the park or any other place, we need to remove our clothes and place them in the laundry basket.
Note that our clothes will not come out germ free from the washing machine if we do not use a special disinfectant or laundry sanitizer. Only using laundry detergent in our laundry will not remove bacteria, viruses and fungi, this is why we recommend adding Wyx Disinfectant Laundry Cleaser, together with our laundry detergent, for clean and disinfected laundry. It is great for disinfecting fabrics such as:
- Everyday laundry
- Bed linen
- Baby fabrics: clothes, linen, blankets, etc.
- Pet fabrics: blankets, clothes, fabric toys, etc.
Place your clothes inside the washing machine. Add 100 ml of Wyx Disinfectant Laundry Cleanser into your washer’s softener dispenser tray and select your usual wash cycle. Do not combine with fabric softener. Don’t forget to add your regular detergent before setting the programme, as this is not a laundry detergent and needs to be combined with one in order to both clean and disinfect fabrics.
You can also disinfect clothes by hand wash. Dilute 20 ml in 4 L of water, add your textiles and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse with plenty of water. Do not use this product directly on garments.
How to disinfect fabrics that cannot be placed in the washing machine? This question may have popped your mind several times during flu season or sanitary crisis. Try using Wyx Disinfectant Fabric Refresher on hard-to-wash textiles or those fabrics you want to wash less frequently. It will remove bad odours and provide lasting freshness while killing bacteria, fungi and Coronavirus. Here are some of the items you can disinfect with our Disinfectant Fabric Freshener:
- Sofas & Armchairs
- Fabric chairs
- Rugs and carpets
- Sofa covers
- Coats and jackets
- Shoes & sneakers
- Pet beds
- Sleeping bags
- Faux Fur
- Stuffed animals
Turn the nozzle and place ON in an upward position. Spray Wyx Disinfectant Fabric Refresher on fabrics until damp. Close bottle after use. The odour will be removed and the fabric disinfected once the fabric is dry. Wait till the fabric is completely dry before wearing. On delicate fabrics test first on hidden area. Do not use on leather, suede or silk.
Disinfectant your washing machine:
Ensure you use Wyx Disinfectant Laundry Cleanser to clean and disinfect your laundry machine. During cold & flu season and during the Coronavirus sanitary crisis, we recommend disinfecting your washing machine one or twice a month. Just pour 250 ml of product into the detergent dispenser tray with a 60 ° C wash cycle. Please ensure your washing machine is empty before setting the programme. Pour some liquid in a damp cloth to disinfect the washing machine drawer and the outside of your washing machine.
General disinfection laundry tips:
- Wash your towels once or twice per week. Always hang them to dry once you are done using them to prevent the appearance of fungi and bacteria.
- Disinfect your laundry basket after placing your clothes on the washing machine. If your basket is made from plastic or wood, use Wyx Multipurpose Disinfectant Cleaner. If you have a fabric laundry basket use Wyx Disinfectant Fabric Freshener. Always read the label and product information before use.
- Do not place wet, sweaty clothes on your laundry basket, as they can transfer germs to other fabrics. Place them separately until you wash them.
- As soon as your washing programme is finished hang your laundry to dry. Do not leave wet clothes and fabrics in the washing tumbler for hours as they can generate mal odour and germs.
- Fabrics should be completely dry before storing them. If they are still wet, leave them a little longer until you store them.
- With Wyx Disinfectant Laundry Cleanser there is no need of washing your clothes at high temperatures such as 60ºC. You can set your washing machine at 30ºC or 40ºC to save energy. This is better for your economy and for the planet!