Bed sheets and towels can accumulate bacteria and dirt if they are not washed regularly. Setting a laundry routine for these types of fabrics is highly important if we want to maintain them free from undesirable bugs & germs that we can’t see.
What type of microorganisms can appear in bed sheets and towels?
- Cold & Flu virus
- Coronavirus/ COVID-19
- Cream remnants
- Make Up remnants
- Dead skin
- Secretions (sweat, saliva..)
To ensure you always have clean fresh sheets and towels, follow our tips regarding the frequency of each laundry wash depending on the type of item.
Generally, bed sheets should be washed at least once a week. If you have babies, kids or elder people who tend to have urinary leaks, we recommend washing your sheets more frequently and when it’s required. If you have ill people at home, suffering from a flu or a cold for example, or any family members suferring COVID-19, you should wash your sheets every two to three days to get rid of the germs, depending on the case.
During the summer season, we should also wash our sheets more often, roughly twice per week, as we tend to sweat more while sleeping.
Regarding pillow cases, ensure you always wash them together with the rest of your bed sheets, as they also accumulate bacteria and dirt while sleeping.
The use we give to the towel will determinate how often we should wash it:
- Bath & Shower towels: wash roughly once every three days. If the towel smells damp it’s laundry time. We recommend hanging the towel to dry correctly after every shower to let it dry properly. This will prevent the appearance of fungi and mal odour.
- Hand towels: wash every day or every two days, depending on how much time you spend at home and if you have guests coming over. This type of towel needs to be washed more frequently as we use it more often and it is more exposed to germs (after using the toilet, after brushing our teeth, when getting back home, etc.).
- Sports towels: wash after every use to avoid sweat odours being impregnated in the towel.
- Beach and Pool towels: wash after every use to avoid odours being impregnated in the towel. If we want to wash it every two to three uses, it is important to let it dry correctly before placing it inside the beach/ pool bag.
Use WYX Laundry Cleanser Disinfectant to wash your bed linen and towels. It kills Coronavirus, 99,9% of Bacteria & Fungi and Influenza A H1N1 Virus/ Cold & Flu viruses from your fabrics. Our laundry cleanser has been specially formulated to remove bad/ nasty odours from your fabrics.