In every home there are areas where virus, bacteria and germs are allocated. It is important to disinfect them correctly to ensure a healthy, safe and virus-free home.
Even though we do our best while cleaning the house and doing the laundry, there are certain areas in our homes that are usually cleaned less frequently. It’s not only important to clean and disinfect what our eyes can see, but also what is hidden on surfaces and objects, such as germs, bacteria and viruses, as they can eventually end up infecting our family.
Here you will find the 13 most common areas in your house where germs, viruses and bacteria can be hidden. It is also what we like to call the “hot spots” in your home:
- Door knobs, door handles, door bolts and railings.
- Bins: remember to disinfect all bins in your house, such the ones from your bathroom, workspace or kids’ room, not just the kitchen bin.
- Kitchen sinks and taps.
- Chopping boards & knifes: Try to clean and disinfect them before cutting a different ingredient. For example, if you cut raw meat or chicken and afterwards you need to slice some vegetables, ensure you disinfect first your chopping board and knifes. We can cause cross contamination of pathogens from raw meat to vegetables, which will end up in our body.
- Sponges & cloths.
- Washing machines rubber door/ door seal.
- Toothbrush holders/ tumblers.
- Soap dispensers & holders.
- Bathroom taps, tubs and toilets.
- Workspace: stationary, keypads, computer mouse, tablets, etc.
- Personal items: remote controls, keys, wallets, etc. Check the following article to learn more on how to disinfect personal items.
- Toys & kids accessories
- Pet toys & accessories
- Light Switches
Use WYX Disinfectant Multipurpose Cleaner or WYX Disinfectant Spray to disinfect hot stops in your home. You can also use specific cleaners depending on the area of the house, such as WYX Disinfectant Kitchen Cleaner or WYX Disinfectant Bathroom Cleaner. It is highly important to follow the directions for use to ensure a correct disinfection of the items and surfaces in your home.