The correct way to wash and disinfect your reusable fabric face masks to protect yourself, your family and other people.
Face masks have become the new safety accessory to wear during the crisis. In order to help slow the spread of COVID-19, the government and scientific community advices to wear a mask when going out of our homes. It is important to wear our masks when going to the grocery stores, pharmacies, shops, to work and any other places where social distancing cannot be maintained.
To ensure you and your family are staying safe, as an additional preventive action, always wash and disinfect reusable face masks regularly. Follow these steps when doing the laundry with fabric face masks:
- Place the fabric masks inside the drum, either with or without your regular laundry. Remember to remove filters.
- Add your regular laundry detergent.
- Add 100ml of WYX Laundry Cleanser Disinfectant in the softener dispenser tray and set the washing programme. You can wash your fabrics at low temperatures such as 20ºC or 30ºC, due to the disinfecting action of our laundry cleanser your fabrics will be Coronavirus-free when the cycle ends.
- Hang to dry. Make sure the mask is completely dry before storing or using.
- Dilute 20ml of WYX Laundry Cleanser Disinfectant in 4L of water. Do not pour the product directly on the fabric.
- Add fabric face masks and any other fabric you may need to hand-wash. Remember to remove filters from your masks.
- Leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse fabrics with cold water, remove excess of water and hang fabrics to dry. Discard solution down the drain.
- Make sure the mask is completely dry before storing or using.
Besides Coronavirus, WYX Laundry Cleanser Disinfectant also kills 99,9% of Bacteria & Fungi and Influenza A H1N1 Virus/ Cold & Flu viruses. Formulated withouth bleach.
Remember always to remove masks correctly and wash your hands after handling or touching used masks.