Prepare your Halloween costumes for the most terrifying night of the year! Ensure you wash and disinfect your costumes before using and once Halloween is over, before storing them.
You can use WYX Disinfectant Laundry Cleanser, together with your regular detergent, to ensure all your costumes are clean and disinfected, ready to wear! Here are some tips on how to wash and store them to ensure they stay in perfect condition until their next use.
Laundry machine wash:
Set a delicate programme on your machine with low temperatures (30º – 40º) and slow spin. This will ensure delicate fabrics are not damaged. Hang to dry. Do not use a dryer as this may damage or shrink your costume. Use Laundry Detergent and WYX Disinfectant Laundry Cleanser for brilliant, disinfected results and a lasting fragrance.
Fill a clean sink or bucket with cold water. Pretreat the item if necessary, then turn the item inside out. Pour Laundry Detergent and WYX Disinfectant Laundry Cleanser into the sink or bucket following the dosing instructions mentioned on the label and mix with water. Gently submerge the costume and agitate water with your hands. Soak the costume, rinse well with cold water to remove all the detergent.
If the label on your costume says “dry clean only” you will not want to hand wash or place it in the machine as it may shrink, fade or run. The best option is to look for your nearest Dry Cleaner and take it immediately after the festivity. Do not wait too long if the costume is too dirty as the fabric may absorb the stain.
Store Halloween costumes:
Always store your costumes in a sealed or garment bag inside the wardrobe. Try to avoid places where mould can appear and in direct sunlight. This will ensure your costumes are fresh and clean until the next Halloween party comes along!
🎃Happy Halloween! 🎃
How to cope with the back to school period in the safest possible way this year.
Going back to school during Coronavirus is a big concern for most people. To ensure a good hygiene and protection for our kids, their school friends and teachers, we must ensure to follow these recommendations:
- Prepare a COVID kit for your kid to take to school: face masks, Wyx XtraHygiene Hand Gels, paper tissues, a water bottle and individual snacks. Place all these items inside a small bag and inside their backpack for them to carry everywhere.
- Take their temperature and ensure they are feeling well before going to school. If they have any symptoms such as fever, strong cough, respiratory issues or loss of taste, they should stay at home and visit a doctor instead of attending classes, to avoid the virus being spread.
- Have a talk with them before they leave to school. They need to understand that during the crisis they should not share toys, food and other objects with school friends and must keep a safety distance from other people, following school directions.
- Disinfect all school material once they get back home: agendas, books, stationary, pencil cases, notebooks, backpacks, etc. You can use WYX XtraHygiene Multipurpose Disinfectant Cleaner to kill Coronavirus, bacteria, fungi and other viruses from their objects, ensuring any trace of germs is completely removed to avoid getting the virus into your home.
- Disinfect properly their school uniform, clothes and reusable face masks: Place the laundry in the washing machine together with your regular laundry detergent and Wyx XtraHygiene Laundry Cleanser to kill Coronavirus, Bacteria, Fungi and Influenza A H1N1 (cold & flu viruses).
Hopefully, with these tips we will all achieve a safer back to school.